Sunday 16 January 2011

(more) Lego Cakes

Helen (who hadn't even seen the chocolate Lego men cakes I made before Christmas), asked for 12 Lego-themed cakes for her son's 6th birthday (the party was at the Legoland Discovery Centre).

This gave me the chance to try out some multicoloured Lego Men (I'd seen some online and wanted to try and copy them) and to try my new Lego Brick mould too. Both decorations are made with 'Melting Candies' which are a bit like colourful chocolate, but don't really act like chocolate when you put them in the mould, so it was a real learning experience!

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, even if there were some air bubbles in the moulded decorations. I think the red cake cases and the yellow buttercream really make the cakes and decorations come together.

Vanilla cakes with vanilla buttercream and Melting Candy decorations.


The Lego men emerging from the mould.



Lego men cakes...



...and Lego brick cakes

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can I find these molds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMAZON.COM HAS THEM. I PURCHASED A THREE PACK FROM THERE FOR ABOUT $12.

      Delete
    2. I got mine at a local lego store in the mall

      Delete